Test your solution
Before you start processing live payments, you will need to test your implementation. It is critically important to ensure your system behaves as expected under a range of different possible scenarios. Failure to detect problems in your integration ahead of public release could lead to payments being abandoned on your website!
To help, we provide you with a test site reference that allows you to process test transactions in our sandbox environment. We simulate a bank interface, which listens for incoming requests from your test site, and responds in the way a real bank would.
What should I test?
What you will need to test depends entirely on the nature of your integration, but here are some ideas to help you get started.
- Ensure the customer is able to complete transactions on desktop and mobile devices.
- Ensure that if an error occurs (such as a declined payment or invalid field), an error message is clearly displayed in the browser and that the customer is able try again if needed.
- Ensure your website correctly handles the customer’s browser session following a successful transaction.
- Ensure your own back-office systems are correctly logging orders and that you are securely storing the transaction reference returned in the response for future reference.
- Ensure transactions are being shown as successful in MyST.
Click here to open a list of test payment credentials in a new tab.
Our “fake” bank will simulate different responses depending on the values you submit.