You can change the language and formatting of field names and messages displayed by your checkout in the browser, to better suit the needs of your international customers. Read on to learn how.
By updating the payload within the JWT to include the locale field, you can easily update your checkout to display text according to the locale specified. This includes:
- Translating field names (i.e. card number, expiry date and security code)
- Translating the “Pay” button
- Translating success or error messages displayed following a payment attempt
locale requires a language and country to be specified, in the format shown below. We support the following locales:
|cy_GB||Welsh, United Kingdom|
|en_US||English, United States|
|en_GB||English, United Kingdom|
|nl_NL||Dutch, The Netherlands|
You can specify custom translations for text displayed on the payment form. This will override the default labels and messages displayed.
- Translate messages into languages we don’t currently accept as a supported locale (as listed above).
- Provide alternative wording to the default phrases returned (e.g. to better reflect your brand’s voice).
- Provide additional info that may be specific to your business (e.g. including an order reference).