What is DCC?
DCC is a feature that allows customers to complete the payment in their currency or your local currency.
The amounts are calculated using a third-party conversion rate provider with up-to-date conversion rates.
Before you get started, please be aware of the following requirements:
(The customer’s card must support DCC payments)
- You will need to have a merchant number that allows DCC. For further information, please contact your acquiring bank.
- You will also need an account with a conversion rate provider. To set up a conversion rate provider on your Trust Payments account, please contact our Sales Team.
- Once the above have been completed, you will need to contact our Support Team to enable DCC on your Trust Payments account.
What will the customer see?
- During the checkout process, your website prompts the customer for their address and card details.
- On the next page, your checkout displays a choice of two currencies, with which the customer can choose to complete the payment.
- Once the customer chooses their preferred currency, they can click “Pay” and complete the payment.