Validate your domain
- Each time you click “Download”, Apple generates a new validation file. (The same file cannot be downloaded multiple times)
- Once a validation file has been generated, you will have 24 hours to verify the domain, otherwise you will need to generate an entirely new validation file by clicking “Download” again.
- Once validated, the validation file will expire the same time as the SSL certificate on the domain.
- You must use the exact path provided by Apple.
- Ensure the file and parent directory are given read and execute permissions. (For Unix, this is typically done by using the command “chmod 755 <filename or folder>”).
Having problems validating your domain?
If you receive the following error message when validating the domain while on Apple’s Developer Portal:
Verification failed for domain
Unable to establish a secure connection to ‘https://yourdomain.com/.well-known/apple-developer-merchantid-domain-association.txt’
Domain certificate is untrusted.
Apple requires that the server receives a high security rating in order to successfully validate a domain.
(For example, if using SSL Labs to check your certificate, an A grade would be required as a minimum: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/index.html)