|Description||You can perform actions on requests and transactions, such as updates or refunds.|
|Required user roles||Site admin, Site user, Site user 2, Transaction admin, Transaction admin 2|
|How to access||Select “Transactions” from the left and then “Transaction search“. Perform a search and click a transaction reference displayed in the results table.
OR; type in the full transaction reference into the universal search, at the top of any MyST page. Actions can be found in the form of buttons, displayed beneath the transaction details.
When the browser window is too narrow to display all options available to you, they are collapsed and hidden under a single “Actions” button. Click this button to view possible actions.
A Re-Auth is where you can process a new Authorisation against the customer’s card. Before processing the request, you are able to change the expiry date and also set a different amount to the original transaction.
As the security code is not stored on our servers, you may need to input the details again, or the card will not pass the security code check.
You must ensure the initiation reason selected correctly represents the reason for the new payment. Visa may introduce new values to this list in the future. Please refer to Visa’s own documentation for further information.
You can process a full or partial refund for a settled transaction (with request type “AUTH”). The following criteria must be met in order for refunds to be processed:
- The transaction being refunded must be settled (in settle status “100”).
- You cannot refund a greater amount than was originally settled.
- The payment details must still be valid (e.g. the card cannot be beyond its expiry date).
You can perform updates on a pending transaction (settle status “0” or “1”) using the “Update” option. Updates that can be performed include:
- The transaction can be deferred, either by changing the settle status to “2” (Suspended) or by changing the date the transaction is scheduled for settlement.
- You can update the amount for a transaction, providing the new value is less than the amount originally authorised.
- The order reference can be updated.
- The transaction can be cancelled by changing the settle status to “3”.
If you have selected multiple transactions for update, and need to change all of their settle statuses to the same value, you can use the “Options” area that is shown towards the top of the page:
Risk Decision (requires Protect Plus)
A Risk Decision request analyses the customer’s billing, delivery and payment details using a rule-based system to detect suspicious patterns in user activity. The system will assist you in making a decision on whether to process a customer’s transaction based on the perceived level of risk. Checks performed include:
- The industry’s largest negative database.
- Neural-based fraud assessments.
- Tumbling or Swapping, where there is an unusual usage pattern in the card number, expiration date or customer details associated with a transaction.
The Risk Decision system will analyse these details and return the following results:
- ACCEPT – The details are not deemed suspicious.
- DENY – The details are suspicious and a transaction should not be performed.
- CHALLENGE – Further investigation is recommended.
- NOSCORE – Transaction was declined by the acquirer before checks were performed.