A Risk Decision request analyses the customer’s billing, delivery and payment details using a rule-based system to detect suspicious patterns in user activity. The system will assist you in making a decision on whether to process a customer’s transaction based on the perceived level of risk. Checks performed include:
- The industry’s largest negative database.
- Neural-based fraud assessments.
- Tumbling or Swapping, where there is an unusual usage pattern in the card number, expiration date or customer details associated with a transaction.
Before you can get started, you will need to contact our Sales Team and enable Protect Plus on your account.
Site admin, Site user, Site user 2, Transaction admin, Transaction admin 2
How to perform a Risk Decision
- Method 1: Type in the full transaction reference into the universal search at the top of any MyST page and submit to view transaction details.
- Method 2: Select “Transactions” from the left and then “Transaction search“. Perform a search and:
- Either: Tick the checkboxes down the left of the table for the transactions you would like to action. In this manner, you can action multiple requests at once.
- Or: Click a transaction reference displayed in the results table to view further details.
Click the “Risk Decision” button displayed near the bottom of the page.
If there is not enough space to display all options, these will be combined into a single “Actions” button. Click to expand, like so:
If successful, the page displayed will be pre-filled with details inherited from the selected transaction(s).
You should check the “Summary” table at the top of the page, which displays the number of selected transactions that are “Allowed” and “Disallowed”. Disallowed transactions are not suitable for the desired action and are not displayed on the page.
Handling the response
If the action was processed successfully, you should see a green success message at the top of the page.
For each row under the “Successfully Processed Transactions” header, the outcome of the Risk Decision checks is displayed under the Shield code column:
- ACCEPT – The details are not deemed suspicious and are considered to be safe to continue.
- DENY – The details are suspicious and a transaction should not be performed.
- CHALLENGE – Further investigation is recommended.
- NOSCORE – Transaction was declined by the acquirer before checks were performed.
Further to the above, you can click the “+” icon on each row to view the full responses for each Risk Decision processed.
A summary table will also be displayed at the top of the page, counting Success and Error cases.
If errors have occurred, the transactions you attempted to action should remain on screen. Check the error code and message for further information on the nature of the problem. In some cases (e.g. a field error), you can correct a mistake on the form and resubmit. Invalid fields are highlighted in red. Ensure you click the “+” icon on the left as the field that is causing the error may be hidden.