|Description||The “Transaction search” page allows you to search for requests and transactions that have been processed on your site reference(s). From here, you can view transaction details and perform actions, such as updates or refunds.|
|Required user roles||Basic user, Developer 2, Site admin, Site user, Site user 2, Transaction admin, Transaction admin 2, View only transactions, View only transactions 2, “View only transactions, fees and merchant statements”.|
|How to access||Select “Transactions” from the side-bar and then “Transaction search“.|
The “Search” tab allows you to input the required criteria for performing a search:
- Site references – Specify the site reference(s) to be searched.
- Stored searches – Quickly restore the search criteria of a previously-saved search.
- Date from / Date to – Specify the time period for the search to be performed.
- Date type – You can search by authorisation date or when the transaction was settled.
- Output – Choose between displaying the search results on screen, or download a CSV.
CSV files can be used to import the data into your own system, or open in your spreadsheet software of choice.
Under the “Advanced” tab, you can optionally input more specific criteria to help narrow down your search:
- Must be exact match (partial matches not supported)
- Transaction reference – Each transaction is assigned a unique reference. You can enter this here.
- Card number – If you know the card number of the transaction(s) you are looking for, you can enter this here. Spaces can be included and will not affect the search, so both “4111111111111111” and “4111 1111 1111 1111” will return the same result.
- Partial matches supported:
- Order reference – If you have assigned order references to your transaction, you can enter this here.
- Billing details – If you know the customer’s billing first name, last name, postcode or email, these can be entered into the fields provided.
- Customer IP – You can also search on the customer’s IP address.
You may be interested in learning about our search wildcards, which aid you in performing advanced queries.
Filters are an advanced tool that can be used to narrow the search results further, if needed. Only transactions meeting the ticked criteria will be displayed in the results.
e.g. When “GBP” and “USD” are ticked in the “Currencies” box, only transactions processed in those currencies will be displayed in the search results.
You can customise the columns shown in the response. Only the fields ticked under the “Fields” tab are included in the search results.
e.g. Deselecting “Billing name” and “Payment type” would remove these columns from the search results.
Performing search and saving for later
When you are ready to perform your search, click “Search”.
If you would like to save the selected “Date type”, filters and fields selected for future searches, click the arrow next to the “Search” button and then click “Save”.
Here, you can enter a name and opt to share this search with any child users associated with your account (if applicable). If you would like to share the search criteria, begin to type the username of a child user and we will suggest matching users as you type. Select the usernames you would like to share the search with and click “Save” when you are done.
- Basic user
- Site admin
- Site user
- Site user 2
- Transaction admin
- Transaction admin 2
- View only transactions
- View only transactions 2
- View only transactions, fees and merchant statements
Managing stored searches
To make changes to stored search criteria:
- Select your stored search from the “Stored searches” drop-down.
- Make changes to the filters and fields, as necessary.
- In the drop-down menu next to the “Search” button, click “Save”.
- Ensure the search name at the top is the name of the search you would like to change.
- Click “Save” to override the previous search with new criteria. (You will be prompted to confirm)
To delete a previously-stored search:
- Select your stored search from the “Stored searches” drop-down.
- In the drop-down menu next to the “Search” button, click “Delete”.
- When prompted, click “Delete” to confirm.
On screen search results
The transactions that match the specified criteria are shown in the table. You can click the table headers to change the sorting. You can also filter the results further by typing into the search box found in the upper-right of the search results.
Click the transaction reference (left-most column) to view further details on a transaction.
Select transaction(s) using the check-boxes down the left, and click the buttons along the bottom of the screen to perform actions.
If your display is too narrow to display all the columns selected, a plus icon is shown on the left of each row. Clicking or tapping the plus icon expands the row downwards to display additional information about a given request.
All transactions shown are assigned a grade, to allow you to quickly identify their status. The following are the most frequently-encountered:
|Settled||Transaction complete. The funds have been settled into your merchant account.|
|Settling||Transfer of funds in progress.|
|Pending||Transaction was successful and the funds are awaiting settlement.
You do not need to take any further action.
||The same as “Pending” as described above, but fraud and duplicate checks have been manually overridden.|
|Suspended||Transaction was authorised by the issuing and acquiring banks, but has been suspended.
This transaction will not complete unless action is taken.
You can view transaction details to establish further information, and perform an update to either cancel, or allow transaction to continue.
|Cancelled||Transaction has been cancelled.
Any reserved funds will be released to the customer.
|Decline||Transaction was declined by the acquiring/issuing bank.|
|Error||Transaction failed due to an error.
You can view transaction details to establish further information.
Once the issue has been resolved, the request would need to be re-sent.
You can use the drop-down box found at the top-left of the search results to change how many results are displayed per page. The total number of results shown can be found in the lower-left of the search results.
You can navigate between multiple pages of search results by using the “Next” and “Previous” buttons found in the lower-right of the page.
Amending your search criteria
You can amend your search criteria by clicking the tabs at the top of the page. This will expand to show your original search criteria.
CSV search results
Quick reference (Status keys)
|Settle status||Security response codes||Fraud reason letter codes|
|0 – Pending settlement||0 – Not Given||C – Unusual customer activity|
|1 – Manual settlement||1 – Not Checked||E – Customer email used with different cards|
|2 – Suspended||2 – Matched||G – Customer email/card previously detected as fraudulent|
|3 – Cancelled||4 – Not Matched||I – Several issue numbers used for card|
|10 – Settling||8 – Partial Match||N – Customer name used with different cards|
|100 – Settled||P – Postcode did not match|
|S – Security code did not match|
|V – Customer name contains unexpected characters|
|X – Several expiry dates used for card|